ENTRY#6 HOLIDAY DESSERTS

 As we all know, the holidays are coming up! I'm not usually consistent with baking, but this is the time of year when my interest in baking comes around. I think it would be so fun to make something that family and friends would enjoy, so I thought why not learn something new this week so I'll be prepared for the upcoming holiday gatherings. As I was searching through Pinterest to find something to bake that I knew my family and friends would enjoy, I came across pumpkin cake pops by Clever Housewife, I've made a few cake pops, but I got really excited when I saw them because how could I have never thought of these. These are super fun, cute, and easy to make. I think everyone would definitely enjoy these!

For cake
  1. 1 box Pillsbury Traditional Vanilla cake mix
  2. 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
  3. 1 tsp cinnamon
  4. 15 oz pumpkin puree
  5. 3 eggs
  6. 1/2 cup applesauce
  7. 1/3 cup milk
  8. 2 tsp vanilla extract

For pops
  1. 1/3 cup Pillsbury vanilla frosting
  2. 36 sucker sticks
  3. 1 bag cocoa candy melts (or chocolate chips)
  4. 3 bags of orange candy melts
  5. 1 bag of green candy melts
  6. Instructions
    1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
    2. Combine all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl. 
    3. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
    4. When the cake has completely cooled, crumble it into a large mixing bowl, and stir in frosting.
    5. Form balls. Place on a large cookie sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.
    6. Before removing the cake balls from the freezer, prep the cocoa candy melts. Place about 1/4 cup of melts into a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds.
    7. Dip sucker sticks into the chocolate, covering about 3/4" of one end. Then immediately stick at least halfway through a cake ball. Hold the ball in the air, with the stick below it, so the chocolate will start to drip down the stick. Use a second stick to help spread it down the stick just a little bit.
    8. Repeat with remaining cake balls. By the time you are finished, it will be time to melt the orange candy melts. Melt in 30-second increments, stirring in between. It will take nearly all three bags to cover 36 cake pops.
    9. Holding the cake pop by the stick, dunk each one into the melted orange candy. Use a spoon to carefully bring the chocolate all the way up to the top, careful not to cover the chocolate already on the stick.
    10. Return the now orange cake pop to a piece of waxed paper. Repeat with remaining pops.
    11. When the orange is completely set up, melt a half cup of green candy melts and place it into a squeeze bottle. You can also use a piping bag and a small frosting tip. Squeeze vines and/or leaves onto the top of each cake pop.
    12. Voila, pumpkin spiced pumpkin cake pops!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I?